02 November 2009

New Shows, New Patterns


We are now into November and the chilly weather is coming. This is not great because I am not a winter person – definitely born in the wrong hemisphere! However, that also means lots of craft shows to sign up for. We’ve done two now, both in small towns, both at Legions. Other vendors have told us that attendance was down significantly this year, whether that’s due to the economic situation or the H1N1 fears, who knows, but they were not anything to get excited about. They were good learning opportunities to see if we have everything for our table layout. Here’s a pic of our booth (and us!) at the latest show.



Stacey’s husband has done a wonderful job on all of the jewellery stands and card holders. They look really good and show off the jewellery nicely.


I’ve been working on some new patterns – I’ve tried out rings for the first time and they’re really cute! They can be made to any size and I’ve got them in two colours so far: the regular silver-colour as well as bright blue! I’ll have to invest in a hand-shaped stand to show them off properly! Next I’m going to try a bracelet to match, a little thicker – three times as wide as the rings, I think.

Another pattern I’ve been working on is called ‘Japanese Stepping Stones’. I’ve done it in copper to start. It takes a lot longer than other designs because of the amount of smaller rings, but it’s currently my favourite!


Until next time, have a great fall!
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment